Did you know that you don't always need to see a GP to be referred on to other services?
There are many services that patients can access directly, cutting down on waiting times for you - getting you seen and treated as soon as possible.
Direct Access Services
- If you have had a fall / cut yourself / burns / think you may have broken a bone
please attend A&E / Minor Injuries Unit
-Local A&E Department:
Chesterfield Royal Hospital
Whitworth Hospital Minor Injuries Unit
|- You don’t need to see a GP for ailments: eg: cold-sores, hayfever, thrush, conjunctivitis—these|
are just a few of the things that can be treated with OTC medication & advice from any trained pharmacist.
|- Please contact your local pharmacy.|
|- We have a pharmacist that works from the surgery 2 days each week to see patients needing medication reviews.|
—call the surgery and book in with
|- If you are aged 50+ & require a hearing test our ‘Ear Care’ leaflet has some local providers. |
If you think you need your ears irrigating please book an appointment to see our
Advanced Nurse Practitioner.
| Ear Care Leaflet|
- GP Surgeries do not deal with dental problems. You should contact your dentist, if you are not registered with a dentist NHS 111 service can find you an emergency dentist.
- Call 111
or go to:
- For any musculoskeletal problems such as knee pain, back pain & neck pain
—you can self-refer to the Physio service - unless you are concerned it is something more serious then see a GP.
- Self Refer by calling
- For any foot related problems you can self refer to the Podiatry Service.
|- Self Refer by calling |
- If you are concerned you may have an STI please call the Sexual Health Service.
| - Sexual Health Service |
- If you are pregnant, you no longer need a GP to verify it - you can contact the Midwives directly and make your
first appointment for when you are between 8-10 weeks pregnant.
- Midwifery Base
- For infant feeding problems and pre-school (Up to the age of 5 years) child development contact the
Health Visitors directly.
- Health Visitors
Any school age child that has missed a booster immunisation or for any query about such immunisations
please call Immunisation Team.
If you have concerns about your child’s behaviour or mental health contact the SPA Team.
- Immunisation Team
- SPA Team 01246 515100
- If you are aged 16 years + and need some counselling, have low mood, depression or just need someone
to talk to - look at our list of local IAPT providers.
IAPT Service Providers
- For any lifestyle advice re: Weight Loss / Getting Active / Stop Smoking - you can self-refer to the
Live Life Better Derbyshire Programme.
Live Life Better
0800 0852299 / 01629538200
or online at:
Live Life Better
- If you or a family member are housebound and require wound management, catheter support or end of life symptom control
- contact the Community Nursing Team directly.
District Nursing Team
- For an assessment re: incontinence or to obtain incontinence pads please contact the Continence Service.
For More Information:
- If you or a family member needs support with care needs please contact:
‘CALL DERBYSHIRE’ to see what support is available to you.
‘CALL DERBYSHIRE’ 08456058058