Please note: we do not accept prescription requests over the telephone.
Requests for repeat prescriptions must be made in writing for accuracy reasons.
Please use one of the following methods:
- Order online - via the link above. We encourage patients with repeat prescriptions to use this method primarily.
- In person - drop your request in the prescription box situated in the front porch. Alternatively, post through the letterbox if we are closed but remember to put your request in an envelope to avoid your details being visible.
- Post - send your request by post (and allow a week for it to be processed and sent to your nominated pharmacy).
- Nominate a local pharmacy to take on ordering of your regular repeat medication. Please be aware that not all pharmacies are able to offer this re-ordering service.
- Please order your medication in good time
- Try not to run out of your medication
- Do not stockpile or over order your medicine as your medication regime could possibly change and this leads to waste
Please allow 48 working hours for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information about electronic prescribing services.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to speak to a doctor, practice nurse or practice pharmacist at least once a year to review these regular medications.
We will notify you via your preferred chosen contact method to remind you when you are due for a review - either letter, SMS or email. Please make sure you inform the surgery if your contact details change so we can update your records and keep you up to date with your review reminders.
We have a pharmacist who works at the surgery and may contact patients with outstanding medication reviews. They will also visit housebound patients who need a medication review.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.